Mosaic Course - September
In the evocative surroundings of the city most renowned for this ancient and noble art, you will be able to experience the emotion of creating your own designs with coloured Venetian enamel and splendid marble tiles. Guiding you in this enterprise is the mosaic specialist, Carolina Zanelli, a teacher who has years’ experience holding courses and master’s degree courses on mosaics both in Italy and abroad.
During the mosaic course, you will visit either the Basilica of Saint Mark or that of Torcello, a true journey back through time, admiring the invaluable mosaics adorning the interiors.
The course will be held at the Rigel Hotel, located on the Venice Lido. It includes 6 days of lessons in the morning and two afternoons for the visits foreseen in the programme, while you will be free during the remaining afternoons to either visit the city on your own, enjoy the Lido beach or simply continue placing one tile after another to express your own creativity, your own mosaic in the shade of the trees in the Rigel Hotel gardens.
Costs: 900€ in single room, 810€ per person in a double room for two students.
6-day course (24 hours of lessons) plus the possibility of continuing after lessons;
Minimum number of participants: 5, maximum: 10.
The participation can be cancelled for free before 01/07/2017.
For further information and enrolment contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (www.carolinazanelli.it)
To ask any accompanying bids matched to the course!
Teacher: Carolina Zanelli
The course will cover the basic elements of mosaic techniques:
• Cutting and preparation of materials using the traditional small stone hammer
• Progress study
• Composition of subjects using techniques that are either suggested by the teacher or participants, in agreement with teacher
• Outline of the history of mosaics
The enrolment fee includes:
• The use of equipment (stock, small hammer, tweezers, small spatula, etc.)
• The materials needed to make a mosaic (Venetian enamels and marbles will be used; gold materials are excluded)
• Certification of attendance
• The mosaics made can be taken home
• Visit to a Venetian manufacturer of mosaic enamels
• Visit to the Basilica of Saint Mark and/or the Basilica of Torcello
• individual accommodation in Hotel Rigel (6 nights)
• breakfast included